Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Hair Growing Journey:)

Well I recently had to chop off about 5-6 inches due to damage and I've grown about 1- 1/2 inches back since I  got a hair cut the day before Halloween. I notice a slight change, but I figured I'd take pictures every month or so to monitor the growth and health of my hair.
This is my current hair length as of today. I have not gotten a hair cut in about 2 1/2 months. I realize that everyone needs to have their hair trimmed, but every time I go to the salon they cut off at least an inch. So I decided to buy a Split Ender( this is the one I purchased: http://www.asseenontvjunkies.com/Talavera-Split-Ender-Cordless-Split-End-Trimmer_p_2860.html) I will have a review on my Youtube (TaraMichelleZ) when I get it in the mail. I will keep my progress photos on here.

Here are some of the products I currently use on my hair:
 I use this on my hair every time I wash it. Which is usually every other day, because washing your hair daily takes away the natural oils. I have only used this twice, but I do notice a difference in my hair. It is a lot silkier and definitely moisturized.  I recommend this to anyone with dry and/or damaged hair. They are also very inexpensive, I paid $7 for both.
 I have been using this for about a month now, and I use it on my hair when I get out of the shower. My hair has definitely improved, before I did not use any leave in conditioner. I still have some breakage, but it is very minimal.
I use this product along with the leave in conditioner. I believe they work well together, but there isn't really any need to use both. This one is not a leave in conditioner, but it does help to repair your hair. It does not work miracles, but before when I used no products my hair was unmanageable and a disaster, now it is manageable and does not feel like a Brillo pad, lol.


I miss my long hair, but it just kept splitting and breaking to the point where it looked super thin at the ends and very unhealthy and it became a lot shorter without cutting it. I do hope the Split Ender works because the one thing I have a huge problem with is my split ends. Yes, when I get a hair cut they get most of them, but they cut off a lot and then in 3-4 weeks my ends are split again. So I rather trim the split ends myself every 4 weeks or so and not have to worry so much about losing the length.

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, I wish my hair looked like yours...mine looks so dead >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the Pantene new collection for dry to moisturized hair. You might have to cut off a bit too. My hair was so horrible before I could not even straighten it without tons falling out all over the place.

    ReplyDelete